Today I retired journal #32. It is always good to look back on the thoughts and reflections. The quotes and jots. The drawings and scribbles. So here are a few random notes from the dogeared pages of #32.
- A love letter from a stranger means nothing to us…but even a tiny note from my wife means the world…most of our not liking scripture is just not understanding or being in relationship with the one from who the letters were written
- Discipleship: action needs to be important, not just a Bible study…Application is a must throughout, but doctrine has to be important or at least clarifying of the essentials…contracts is necessary; this is a commitment you will only get what you put in…
-[vision casting] ENVISION a new culture SHARE vision with everyone GET ALIGNMENT with leadership MODEL the culture you want to create FORM URGENCY sense
- “Boredom is the natural byproduct of redundancy…and church ministry is redundant by nature.” … create new and fresh experiences with God instead of repeating the same stories over and over and over again..we tell the same old stories about God because we are having no new experiences with him…the pastor needs to teach and lead in a way that creates new opportunities and new experiences for the church family…but my teaching and leadership cannot be new, fresh, and alive if my personal experience of God is not new, fresh, and alive
- “Greed is a sign of slavery; you have to hold on to something because you NEED it”
- “Generosity is a sign of freedom.” – Cody Cannon
- “People who don’t know Christ do not get to OUT-SERVE Christians.” -Cody Cannon