It is no secret to most people that I primarily exist in the coffee shop instead of the traditional office. I handle all the work of being a pastor, speaker, and writer on a mobile lifestyle. This requires a pretty specific toolbox.
Inspired by this post by one of the blogs I follow pretty regularly, I thought it would be interesting to post my digital toolbox.
- 13″ Macbook
- 16GB iPhone4
- Timbuk2 Blogger 2.0 Bag – I am in love with this bag, and I’d recommend it to ANY mobile type
- Moleskine Journal – No, I’m not a moleskine snob. This is my 1st Moleskine, though I ALWAYS have a journal on hand
- G2 Limited Pen, Blue (with refills) – This I AM a snob about.
- Apple Remote
- FlipCamera Mino – wish I used this more…need more inspiration
- DVI to VGA adapter
- File Folders – folder for each project I am currently working on (ex. right now I have a folder for “Winter Retreat” “Invisible Children” and I always have an ongoing folder for all things)
- Google – Basically a hub for nearly everything, but namely Caledars, Reader, and Email
- WordPress – Simply the best blogging platform available rightnow. WordPress is always working on new ways to refine what they offer their users.
- Fetchbook – I never search elsewhere when buying books. Always start at fetchbook. I haven’t spent more than $5-10 on a book in years.
- Grooveshark – Forget about Pandora…forever. Welcome to Grooveshark
- Soulpancake – Co created by Rainn Wilson (Dwight from The Office), this is an online community dedicated to creativity, philosophy, and discussion. I stop by here frequently when I need a boost of inspiration
- Firefox – I am still open to convincing argument for switching to Chrome
- iCal – This really is my lifeblood for most everything. If I don’t receive an alert from one of my sync’d devices, I may not show up places.
- Microsoft Word
- iTalk Sync - I record all my talks with my iPhone with iTalk, and it has to be linked to the computer with Sync
- Truthcasting – Where I host all my talks on the “Ragamuffinpc Ministries” Channel
- Caffeine – Doing for my computer what it does for me…keeping me from sleep.
- Keynote – Seriously, you still use PowerPoint? *mocking snicker*
- The norms (iCal, mail, messaging, ipod, phone, etc.)
- Foursquare – I, like you, once wondered, “What is the point exactly?” But I just.can’t.stop. Plus, often after checking in, I’ll have a student text me asking if I am still at that place so they can stop by.
- Todo List – I live and die by my task list (and calendar)
- Notes – I realize this is one of the factory apps, but I use it so much it deserves its own entry. I keep ongoing lists of: “music I want to try out” “books to read” “websites to check out” “poets I enjoy” “movies I want to see” “names of baristas as Tupelo” “Names of baristas at Old Soul” (this helps me remember to address them by name)
- Dropbox – I am still learning to use this more…it is capable of much more than I utilize…I realize this. (I have it on my mac also…obviously)
- Lifechurch.tv Bible
- Hipstamatic – I love the different filters for the camera this one offers.
- Twitter (@ragamuffinpc)
- Rhyme Time - A great resource at hand for any genre writer. (poetry, literary, scholar, student, etc.). I use it frequently.
- Woot – I daily necessity. I check it more for the tshirts than anything
- Sportacular – The best sports app. Set my favorite teams an any sport and get update alerts pushed to my phone. I.love.this.app.
what is in your digital toolbox?